• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can i find evangelion platinum edition box set?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharingan3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I have a question about Evangelion Platinum Edition. I went to suncoast the other day and saw the platinum edition 1 but it came in just a regular casing. On the home page here there is a link for evangelion platinum edition in a box set type thing. Is the box set just a box with the first volume in it that will hold all the others? or is a box set with all the volumes in the works? Any information would be helpful. thanks
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The Box set as you described there is a collectors item, containing the first volume with a slipcase and a box to hold the next 6 volumes (each one with their own slipcase). The Volume 1 + box was a Limited edition, first-print run, so the best chances of getting it would have been to Pre-order it. Some shops may still have it.

And of course, there are no plans on an Evangelion Platinum complete boxset. Not to say there wont be one, but don't expect it any time soon.

Hope this helps!
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
The Volume 1 + box was a Limited edition, first-print run, so the best chances of getting it would have been to Pre-order it. Some shops may still have it.

Yeah, I got mine from BestBuy, and as of yesterday they still had a couple.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine also got his from Best Buy. I got mine from Deep Discount DVD, but they've had problems getting in on time and shipping it.

I got it for $23.99 + free shipping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1