• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why I became a subscriber - Feedback to ANN

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
This site is invaluable and I wanted to thank all the staff members here for taking their time to keep us freaks entertained and informed.

While other sites try to imitate, no other site offers the amount of information ANN can. Videos, editorials, news, and even a comic strip puts ANN into a league all its own.

The most invaluable service ANN offers is it's not limited to a specific company. It has it all, giving us all the information we need in one convenient website.

For $20 (/year), this is the best deal anyone can spend toward their anime habit.

Even at $0, it still offers more. I subscribed to get the "Subscriber" label and to help keep ANN going for years to come.

Now, I just need to shut the hell up to keep myself from getting banned.
Razz
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the words of appreciation.

And good luck on the ban thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I became a subscriber because I figured it would impress the chicks.

I'd like my money back, please.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote
The idea of getting special features exclusively than other posters seemed appealing, although I don't think I've actually used any of the subscriber only features. The other reason, which I know a lot of people won't care about, was coming to the conclusion that by doing so I would be able to increase my post count on top of whatever number of posts I may have in the regular forums. I wouldn't have as many posts now if it weren't for the community forums.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I subscribed to give props to such a great website, and also to chat in the general forum now and again. Smile
DomFortress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I get informed through ANN, while the money I contributed can help others like me get informed via ANN. To me, that's a win-win situation.
tankerboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
I finally was overwhelmed by guilt for using ANN's superior product, particularly the encyclopedia and reviews and not contributing anything for as much as I visit $20/year is more than fair. I was a bit disappointed to find out a "featured anime" was an ad for Crunchyroll but, hey, ya' gotta make a buck wherever you can. On the plus side I've started following Anime News Nina and am in danger of succumbing to marathon session to catch up.

Please keep up the good work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1