• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MF Ghost (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

So I'm finally caught up. Continue to enjoy this show. I sense that Kanata and Shun's friendship is headed for a brick wall at 180 mph once Shun finds out that "Angel Number 7" has the screaming thigh sweats for the rookie. Girls ruin everything! Wink
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:54 am Reply with quote
Both dudes are probably destined to have wimmin troubles anyhow, seeing how clueless they are. It was one thing for Kanata not to recognize his "angel" when he'd only met Ren once, and briefly at that, in a demure school uniform. I can see not putting that together with a track hottie who'd had a tank top and hotpants spraypainted on her. He might not have pulled his eyes up to her face before she charged in and slapped him. But now that he's spent romantic beach time with Ren, you'd think he'd start putting some clues together.

And Shun...geez, it was funny when Ren felt cold chills because, miles away, Shun was vowing to kiss her after the race, but I felt bad for the poor slob too. Talk about heading for a brick wall. But it is too bad that it's going to impact Kanata and Shun's friendship as well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:47 am Reply with quote
MF Ghost certainly exists in a far more sexist world than the one we live in, at least in the West. When I found out that one of the perks of placing in the top 3 is a kiss from your Angel of choice and she has no choice in the matter, I couldn't help think about the recent controversy with the female Spanish soccer player who received an unwanted smooch from the head of the Spanish soccer federation...
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:05 am Reply with quote
I've got to say, it's starting to look like this entire anime is going to take place during one race, which I have mixed feelings about. I'm still enjoying it fine, but we're past that halfway point in the season, and are now at that place where I start evaluating the true worth of the series I've stuck with thus far. Are they trifles that are an okay way to pass 28 minutes (not that there's anything wrong with that) or are they shows that I'm going to watch multiple times, enjoying them every time and finding new things along the way and even investing some cold hard cash in dvds or blu-rays so that I'll still have them around if they get phased out or purged by their streaming service. And this one's looking like a trifle.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Yeah, I agree and yet I continue to watch. And I've been pretty tough this season (by my standards)... my current watch list is a mere 16 titles and that's with 2 carry overs from last season. I feel like the show has only created about 5 minutes of racing animation and is simply reusing chunks of it over and over again. And yet there is something that keeps me hanging in there. I actually am curious as to how the race will end.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:54 am Reply with quote
Well, I lack your iron self control Smile I'm still watching 18 shows, which is at least twice as many shows as I'd have been watching two years ago. And that's after ditching a number of shows that I might have stuck with in a different season.

My biggest complaint about this show is that it gets hard to tell who's who when so many of the talking heads that it keeps switching back and forth between look the same except for minor hairstyle differences.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2