• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deepdiscountdvd.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Dark Schneider wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
Innotech wrote:
be wary though,

Figures I'd only hear bad things about the site after I went & ordered the Boogiepop Phantom box set off of them.

Goodie, now I get to worry about it even arriving at all for the next few weeks.

I've bought twice from them but i get the over night delivery not that bad considering how much i save from the sets themselfs to be honest i will keep ordering from them i have no complaints about them if nything i say trust the site and if like me youll keep shopping there.

Speak of the devil, the box set arrived just today (it was ordered...Wednesday or Thursday-ish with free shipping).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:39 am Reply with quote
If you are looking for some of the re-solicited Bandai titles you should go with Best Prices. Deep Discount DVD hasn't updated any of the re-solicited Bandai titles that's MSRP were $29.99. Not a big problem, but it is worth a note. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
himiko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I know people are quick to speak up when they have a complaint and less likely to speak up when they have no complaint, so I'll break the cycle and say that I *love* DeepDiscountDVD. I've ordered, um, way too many things from them over the last 4 years or so. Most things come nice and quick. I've only encountered a back-order situation a couple times out of many many orders. They don't hold the rest of the order if there's a backorder, they try to make sure you get everything as quickly as possible. And, you know, the price is always right and the free shipping is great.

So that's a big recommendation for DDD from me.
yidaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:02 am Reply with quote
Innotech wrote:
[. . .] my dads done it on Ebay for a long long time and I htink he's gotten everything he ever won[_ _ _]
Laughing I dont think it's a good thing to consider auctions on Ebay as competitions.
Winning a used can of soda or maybe 24 kids isnt the best "prize" in the world Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rage-demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
My biggest complaint about Deepdiscountdvd.com is their poor organization of the titles on the site. I was browsing for Orphen and found several of the DVDs in the "O" section (slighly out of numerical order). I noticed, however, that the boxed set wasn't there. Just out of curiosity i did a search for "orphen" and i found it listed as "THE Orphen collection". I then went to the "T" section and found a ton of titles that started with "The".

Really hard to find stuff when randomly browsing.
Rooboy

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:37 pm Reply with quote
himiko-chan wrote:
I know people are quick to speak up when they have a complaint and less likely to speak up when they have no complaint, so I'll break the cycle and say that I *love* DeepDiscountDVD. I've ordered, um, way too many things from them over the last 4 years or so. Most things come nice and quick. I've only encountered a back-order situation a couple times out of many many orders. They don't hold the rest of the order if there's a backorder, they try to make sure you get everything as quickly as possible. And, you know, the price is always right and the free shipping is great.

I also recommend DeepDiscountDVD. Only problem I've had with them is that when I try to cancel orders, they've already been shipped. I'm talking like the day after I order. I suppose its a good thing that they ship so quickly, but when I decide to change my mind, it's almost impossible to cancel an order.

Other than that, the prices are great and the shipping time is reasonable to me. I've recieved stuff as soon as 3 days after I order it it using their standard free shipping service. None of their DVDs are bootleg I don't think. All of my orders were completely legit R1 releases. I wouldn't say be wary of this site. I'd say make sure you know what you want before you actually order it. I'm sure their are a couple exceptions to the rule, but If you know what you want and have done your homework on it, DDD is a great place to get your DVDs.

Highly recommended for their great prices.
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:17 am Reply with quote
Thanks for your recommendation guys, DDD rocks it puts a lot of online anime retail stores to shame.

I'm starting to get all my anime from there now and i'm saving a ton. I wish I knew about DDD last year when I started up my anime collection again. Even all the new stuff coming out saves a bundle, especially with box sets asking for high prices with the 1st dvd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:53 am Reply with quote
himiko-chan wrote:

Yea I can agree with you on that one. The number of people who are satifsied with thier order outweight those who have complaints (by a lot). Proably out of 1000 order, maybe 5 to 10 have mishaps.

I've seen this far too offend when the complain worry people, everyone take notice as if it happen to a lot of people. DDD deals with hundred of people per week, so it might take some time to get back to complaints and such. I brought some stuff from them, non-anime and the prices was good.
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I love deepdiscountdvd.com

I would marry the place if I could. I got my Samurai X OVA box Set for 40 bucks. On amazon at one point the wanted 80 bucks. Thanks deepdicountdvd.com keep up the good work! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Deep Discount DVD customers should keep their eyes out for a 20% sale coming soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
is this 20% off anime or everything?
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's everything.
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Great, any more details beyond "soon" ? Smile
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Nope.
C_Brightshadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
tetsusaiga-kyo wrote:
Deep Discount DVD customers should keep their eyes out for a 20% sale coming soon.

How do you know that one is coming soon?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4