• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Skin Preview Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattasaur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Is there anyway that we can show people our skin for constructive criticism before we press the "submit for approval" button? I've edited mine enough in that I think it's ok for the moment but I want to get other peoples' opinions, from this forum, on it before I submit the final and I want to be able to re-direct them to it some how.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Right now there is no direct way to do that. But I think it would work if you give people the URL of the "test it" link. e.g. animenewsnetwork.com/skin/editor.php?testskin=5
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:35 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Right now there is no direct way to do that. But I think it would work if you give people the URL of the "test it" link. e.g. animenewsnetwork.com/skin/editor.php?testskin=5

weird thing happened. I clicked on that test link and it came of as the red test one. and so then I tried to switch back to the ANN Classic - Blue. but when I clicked on the link to switch it it didn't work. I had to delete some cookies inorder for it to go to the default so I could switch back.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:31 pm Reply with quote
This was the "test skin" mode which takes precedence over normal skins; to stop it you had to click on the "stop" link in the skin editor. But I just realized that you couldn't see that link because you didn't create that skin Anime smile + sweatdrop. So here it is, the link to stop the test skin mode: animenewsnetwork.com/skin/editor.php?testskin=stop
Another way was simply to restart your browser.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mattasaur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:02 am Reply with quote
Here is my skin then. Tell me about any bugs you see or what you want changed:

animenewsnetwork.com/skin/editor.php?testskin=52

Don't forget to use the stop link in Dan42's post if you want to revert back to your personal skin.

I also just realised that I want to change those border images in the reviews... I'll do that once I've gotten some feedback Very Happy
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:17 pm Reply with quote
In this page:
manga#1877
In the right menu there's "My Anime" instead of "My Manga", and "My Manga" is black on black. Also, the staff/cast/companies titles are black on a blue border so they're difficult to read, but you already said you wanted to change that.

In this page:
animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/
The first item in the right menu has 2 orange bars next to it. I'm not sure if it was intentional but since the other ones only have 1...

That's the only bugs I could find.
Mattasaur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I've fixed those little bugs now.

Heh, funny thing concerning the special ad (don't worry, it's not a bug or anything Smile ) is that now when I think about it, it'd probably be best to have it the alternative way as in the top rows with the banners is the same height as the special banner and just chuck something under the long thin banner like a graphic to fill in the space. At the moment with the special banner, it'll always make the right menu it's width. It looks ok on the front page because it suits the wide value but any other pages it just looks too wide...

How ironic Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1