• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When Will Ayumu Make His Move? (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:35 pm Reply with quote

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: shogi, school

Plot Summary: Yaotome's the president of the shogi club at her high school, and she's pretty sure that Ayumu, an underclassman and the only other member of the club, has a huge crush on her. They get together to play shogi every day after school, but no matter what she does, she can't seem to get him to confess his feelings. What she doesn't know is that Ayumu has made a pact with himself to reveal his love only after he's beaten Yaotome at shogi for the first time. Yet there's one big issue with this plan...he really sucks at shogi.

July 7, 2022 (Thursdays; HIDIVE)
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm Reply with quote
It's cute :3

It is a little bit boring though...and I wish Ayumu was better-looking. I'm actually more interested in the side couple that hangs out at the library. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I don't know if I have really got burned out of these sort of similar anime where the characters cannot confess, but I really didn't have much patience how this season ended without a confession. It didn't have the likes of Nagatoro-san, where you have actually interesting characters or more clear character growth, where even insecurities could be played up. Or the big and little pair being done better in My Senpai is Annoying, which also did the more adult setting. This show was just kind of more dull, in just making me think of being an easy to digest series for kids that might be into or new to it.

If I was to pick a character I did like, it would probably be Urushi's friend, Maki. I think that her impact was generally the most fun, even or because she actually didn't have much interest in shogi, although she was able to fool Rin. I also think Rin's character kind of lost her steam, when it did seem like a lot of her desire to chase after the guys was because she had a crush on Ayumu.

Anyway, I really don't have a whole lot more to write about. It at least isn't offensive, whether in a literal sense or I would say being such a bore, but it still isn't that interesting, and I can't imagine being interested to watch more. My rating is So-so (5/10), it didn't really grab my attention.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1