• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FilmAF shutting down...alternatives?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the venerable Film Aficionado is shutting down in just a few weeks. I'm sure like many of you, I pretty much have to rely on some sort of database to keep track of what I own, and since I've been using this site since 2007, losing it is a major blow. Are there any other sites/utilities out there that people can recommend for keeping track of a physical collection? I've seen a few references to Blu-ray.com as having some sort of collection database, and a few people on the FilmAF Facebook mentioned a German-based program/app called My Movies that looks pretty fully-featured. As of right now I think I'll at least start dumping things into ANN's collection tracker: it's kind of bare-bones, and it obviously won't help for my non-anime collection, but at least it's better than nothing.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
For the zero people who cared, the site's being saved after all. Razz The admins are passing it along to the person who runs a site called DVDCompare.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, yeah, we cared, but we were all too busy panicking and transferring massive collections over to someplace else, UPC by UPC, while it was still around to post here...which seems pointless now since the catastrophe was averted. Razz

Glad they aren't shutting down though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1