• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Due to all the action of the previous season I kind of forgot how fun the show is when they focus on building up their territory and dealing with issues that pop up. Such a calm/relaxing vibe, there is a reason why that slice of life spin-off was worth watching.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 am Reply with quote
I am enjoying every episode yet there is truth to people saying that like half of the season so far has consisted of meetings to discuss events. Slime is not a fast paced show but it is getting to be a tad much now.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:21 am Reply with quote
I don't generally read other boards or comments - I just chose this one and stuck with it I guess - but just to make it official, I'm one of the people saying, "We're four episodes in, stop talking and break something already." There should be a balance in these things IMHO, and I have a feeling this one's going to be talk, talk, talk, talk,, and then fight, fight, fight, fight. Which I guess is kind of a balance, but I'd prefer some talk, fight, talk, fight myself.

(Self proclaimed champion of the nuanced review).
Rednal

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I mean, it's been six episodes straight of people just sitting around tables talking. I think, in animated form especially, this really falls into an issue of "telling, not showing". It works better in literary form, but anime is fundamentally a visual medium... and in this context, it's basically everyone saying what they're going to do so we know ahead of time who's going to be where and doing what, and then we'll just... see it play out later. When we were already told what's going to happen.

I basically like Slime Tensei, and worldbuilding does have its place. But for the love of Nep, you could at least use the talking time to showcase the different places and the daily lives of the citizens or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3