• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need help with X (Kamui) resin models...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Okay. I'm kinda searching for a friend here, but...

She'd like a Kamui (from X, naturally) Resin model, ideally prebuilt and pre-painted, or else one that's easy-to-put-together.

I've done google searches ("I can find anything!") and haven't even turned up a single solid hit for a mass-produced model. Does such a thing even exist?

If not, is there someone I might be able to contact with regards to getting a custom-built one?

[EDIT - PS: This is thread number 10,000! Yay me!]

Last edited by cookie on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote
By the looks of things X has never had a 3D representation made other than plushies. I could have sworn that I've seen statues of Kamui with sword and wings before, but I can't find any trace of it. Usually an image search is all it takes since stores, venders and collectors are going to take pictures, but nothing is showing up. Even creative wording in word searchs comes up empty. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

As for a custom made statue, there are several companies that make custom statues, but the price is going to be heafty. If having a single person do it you probably wont get a resin statue, but rather whatever their sculpting medium might be. One word of advice though, try to get someone who's Japanese to do it. I know that sounds kinda biased, but my experience has been that while a lot of people can do good anime sculpting, the Japanese can do amazing anime sculpting. Probably because the Japanese are more used to seeing anime and things in an animated style while others like to go for realism.

Good luck, I'll let you know if anything turns up.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:22 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I could have sworn there was a Kamui resin figure as well. If there was one, it has probably long since been discontinued. Another option is finding someone who can mod a currently exising kit. Kinda like this. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who offers that kind of service... Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1