• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dead Mount Death Play (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:59 am Reply with quote
Dead Mount is back and it picks right up where the previous season left off. All the different groups and factions are busy and it seems more and more likely that several people of the other world have crossed over somehow. New in the mix is a very nosy reporter and a tall psycho killer who is getting rather close.

Fair warning, so much is going on in the series that it is not an easy thing to come back to.
b-dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it jumps right back in. I think I'm going to have to watch the prior season, just to remember where all the moving parts in the story are.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:24 am Reply with quote
I agree with y'all. I thought the first half would strictly be setting up the second, but it feels like even more factions and persons are being introduced out the wazoo. There are so many people to keep track of, but I also feel those factions they represent are gonna' be important to remember for the overall cohesion of the story moving forward. At some point, I'll re-watch the first half and gradually re-update the episode reviews or thread index to keep track of all these groups. It's a bit overwhelming.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 & 14

Yeah, I really have no idea what the hell is going on... but it's fun to be dragged along, anyway. I think anything created by Narita is gonna have a huge cast and lots of wtfness going on but be really entertaining.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:33 am Reply with quote
The wiki is pretty good for this series, I looked it up to get a bit of a refresher on the groups and details of them. As for the latest episode: the groups are inching closer and closer to each other and it won't be long until a big brawl breaks out. Planting a corpse and then sending to police to search their building was nasty move btw.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Man, the past two episodes sure were hectic. We had fights between people of three different factions, intrigue within the police, Solitaire stirring things up without any plan and now we have the fire bug and killer sisters thrown into the mix. It is a lot to keep track off, but I love that there is not a single boring minute. Also, the talking dead pigeon bit sure was something and Misaka is a kick ass vampire larva now.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I think I am going to need a spreadsheet on all the different factions and what they want. While the events of this week are exciting on all sides, it is getting really hard to keep track of the whole picture and who wants what. Besides all the others we now also have the Agakura mercenary family and an otherworly wizard including crew thrown into the mix. That is ignoring the threeway fight between corrupt cop, good guy cups and the fire breathing bug who is more than one person somehow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4